Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The other two...

Okay, so I dedicated a whole entry to philosophy – I figured I better at least mention my other two classes!

On Friday nights I have Field which is basically a 2-hour group therapy session. No, the point of the class is to get us started in our internships and then provide a place for us to go talk about our experiences and get support from other people who are going through the same thing. There is very little reading and not much work – just a presentation on the place where we’re doing our internship and a paper about our experiences – both of which I can handle.

As for the internship – AHHHHH! Everyone said the next 6 weeks would be hell and they were right! It’s so stressful not really knowing what’s going on or where I’ll be as an intern for the rest of the year. The school offers a list that we can choose from and interview at, but I really want to be at a school, so I’m hoping that I can get in at Kristin’s school. There are lots of things to figure out and hoops to jump through, but I’m optimistic it will work out and that if it doesn’t I wasn’t meant to intern there. It’s just all the unknowns that drive me crazy. Here’s hoping that I get through mid-October alive!
The other class I have is Human Behavior and the Social Environment. I had high hopes for this class. It sounded so interesting. But the first book we have to read is BORING. Hopefully the second one, which I will start reading next week, is more interesting. The teacher is nice and does his best with the book (which is basically a ton of definitions), but I look forward to when people will start doing their group presentations because it just HAS to be more entertaining than a bunch of definitions.

Overall my classes seem pretty good this time. I wouldn’t say they’re easy, but definitely manageable! Now if I could just get my internship stuff figured out…!

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

I hope that works out soon. BTW, love the music player! Never thought of adding one to mine...