Saturday, September 27, 2008

Band Competition!

Tonight we went to Irondale High School in New Brighton to watch Lacey and Gabrielle (Kristin's nieces) play in a band competition.  I had never been to one, so I was completely psyched.   Kristin kept telling me she wasn't going to let me go with her for fear I would embarrass her.  But somehow I managed to finagle my way into going and off we went.  


We arrived about 20 minutes before they started and even got a chance to see Gabrielle before they went out onto the field.  She wasn't exactly happy to see us, I don't think - embarrassed is more like it ;)  

Anyway, Lacey had a solo right at the very beginning and did an AWESOME job.  Seriously.  Watch the video for yourself and tell me she didn't do fabulously.



The whole performance was great - there were lots of "wows" coming from the crowd.  

They ended up getting 2nd place (they were robbed!) out of 5 which I think was impressive!  I was sad we weren't there to see more of the bands because I really thought it was cool!  



Lincoln High School (including Lacey and Gabs) will be headed to New York over Thanksgiving to be in the Macy's Parade...so watch for them on your TVs that day!  :)

Awesome job ladies!

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

Congrats, Lacey and Gabs! I'm glad you enjoyed the show, D. I'll look for them during the Macy's parade - how cool!