Wednesday, August 12, 2009

May I present...


ELLIE!

So we've been looking for dogs for awhile now...pretty much ever since we decided to buy a house. Unfortunately, Kristin and I have very different tastes when it comes to dogs. Today, Kristin emailed me a picture of a dog named Tanika, a 3-month-old Welsh Terrier mix. She was rescued from a high-kill shelter in Kentucky and just arrived in Minnesota 5 days ago (she arrived the day she was slated to be put to sleep, btw)! I instantly fell in love and begged Kristin to write to the rescue. She did and next thing we know we are going to meet her (Kristin was going to take me to my internship training, so we stopped on the way)!


We had no intention of actually bringing her home today, but when we saw her at her foster home we fell in love even more. The woman said they don't typically hold the dogs for people, so if we wanted her would need to take her today. We decided we had to have her, and I ran to the bank to get cash for the adoption fee while Kristin went over the contract with the rescue.


Kristin dropped me off at my training and she brought Ellie (since she has only had her name for 5 days we decided it would be okay to rename her) home. Jehn helped with dog sitting for a bit so Kristin could get some supplies.

The cats aren't quite sure what to think of her yet, but Ellie seems to be adjusting well. After having a little accident, she is now sleeping soundly on the living room floor....awww....

I'm in love.

No comments: