Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Adventures

Okay, so once everyone flaked out on me for the May Day Parade I decided I needed to get out of the house and figured I would just start driving and see where I ended up.  I got on 94E and found myself crossing the border into Wisconsin (I'm going to apologize for the quality of photos right now...they were taken with my phone while traveling 55-75 mph).

After awhile I saw signs for Crystal Cave and decided I needed to see what that was all about, so I exited.  Another sign, off the exit, told me to go 6 miles.  I did.  And then 7 and 8 and 9.  No other signs, no directions as to where to turn to find the mysterious cave...so I turned around and went back to where 6 miles was and turn down a road.  After awhile I turned down another road and another.  Eventually I decided that I wasn't going to find the cave and turned around again...except I must have missed a turn somewhere because I wasn't finding the main road again, and I had no idea where 94 was.  I did see lots of trees, though...

And I saw (and smelled!) lots of cows...unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of them.  They moved too fast ;)

**Photo Comment**  Kristin sees a smiley face in the clouds in the photo above.  I see a monkey.  Either way it makes me happy.

Eventually I found myself back on 94 and decided to continue the adventure by heading even further east.  Next I saw a sign for a bison meat store and gift shop and figured I needed to stop there.  I was all set to buy some bison meat for a good ol' bison burger until I saw how cute they were...

So I left the bison ranch empty handed.  I figured I needed a little more adventure, so I headed east again until I reached Menomonie.  I'd never been there, so I decided to take a drive around town.  I promptly got lost which up until this trip has never really been an issue for me...

Eventually I found my way back to 94 and decided I should probably head home (although a trip to Eau Claire and Madison seemed tempting).  The ride back home went quickly and was quite uneventual...but I did learn a few things:

1.  Bison are cute.
2.  I'm addicted to Diet Coke.
3.  Either I don't have as good of sense of direction as I thought or Wisconsin roads and signs are screwy.
4.  Next time bring the good camera.
5.  I need to do this more often.  

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

Love it! Also, I love the new design (sorry if I already said that - I can't remember).