Friday, May 1, 2009

School Update

Well, I finished the second trimester of the year about a month ago.  Yay!  That trimester seemed a little rough compared to others - part of it was the classes themselves and part of it was just me being completely unmotivated.

I am all done with my fieldwork classes for this year, although I am still doing the fieldwork.  The internship at CPA continues to go well, but I find myeslf wishing I could just be done with my 200 hour commitment.  I have about 165 hours, so I'm well on my way to finishing, but still have another month or so before I'll be done.  

My Communication and Interviewing class was a good one, but I didn't feel like I got a whole lot out of it.  Mostly it just felt like a lot of writing without much learning.  I'm not sure if this was my fault or if it really just wasn't helpful.

This semester I'm taking a Working with Groups class as well as a Social Policy for Social Change class.  Initially I was certain I would love the groups class and hate the policy one.  Now that I've gone to three sessions of each I've decided I hate the groups class and love the policy class - go figure.  

I can't believe a year from now I'll be done!  Granted I'll most likely be starting grad school soon after, but after 13 years and 7 colleges I will finally have my BSW!  Yippee!

No comments: