Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BookMooch

My manager, David, recently introduced me to this great site called BookMooch.  Basically to start you have to list at least 10 books you have available that you are willing to get rid of.  Then, you can search the site for books you would like.  When you find one you want you can mooch it at the cost of 1 point or add it to a wishlist if it isn't available.  For every book you list you get .1 points.  For every book you receive you get .1 points.  For every book you send out you get 1 point.  Each book you mooch costs you 1 point.

So far I've sent out 5 books.  I send them all media mail, so the cost to me is minimal, and I have received 3 books for free.  The extra points I have right now are waiting to be spent on books that are on my wishlist which is growing every day!  When a book on your wishlist becomes available you receive an email letting you know.

It's a great site.  Definitely would recommend checking it out if you have some unwanted books laying around!

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

I forwarded the site to my mom - what a cool concept!