Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 in Review

The new year always gives me a moment to pause and reflect on the outgoing year and look forward to the upcoming one. Kristin and I have talked a lot about 2008 and have decided it wasn't a very exciting year, but one worth remembering anyway.

Highlights:
I started school again in January and was completely freaked out by having to take two Spanish classes, but I survived!

February brought participation in our very first caucus! It signaled the middle of a long presidential election cycle.

The only notable thing I could find in March was that I started seeing Luis, a Spanish tutor. I think he single-handedly got me through.

In April we welcomed a new nephew, Corban, to the family! We still haven't had the chance to meet the little guy yet, but are hoping to sometime in 2009.

May brought the May Day Parade as well as Lisa's graduation from law school.

In June we celebrated the end of Spanish (yay!) for me as well as Pride.

The CPA community welcomed a new little guy - Xavier - in July. July also found Kristin and Jehn having a garage sale and Kristin and I going to Duluth for our first wedding anniversary!

In August Robyn and Dejan came for a visit, and we had a great time! We also attended the annual Dow Jones picnic and joined Heather and Michele for some camping fun at Wilderness Way!

It was back to school in September with Kristin heading back to CPA and both of us heading back to college.

October brought another trip to Wilderness Way (this time we brought along Jehn to join in the fun), we celebrated our 5th anniversary (of being together), and I started my internship at CPA.

The all-important presidential election brought us out to the polls in November. We also went to South Dakota for Thanksgiving!

December was a busy month with my birthday, finals for school, attending the Dow Jones holiday dinner, preparing popcorn trains for Kristin's class, attending Heather and Michele's holiday bash, both of us getting sick, spending Christmas in South Dakota, and finally saying goodbye to 2008 at The Melting Pot with Heather, Michele, and Jehn. Unfortunately, Grandpa Moe passed away on December 30...which brought a sad end to the year (see previous post).

We've definitely had some ups and downs over the past year - here's hoping 2009 is a little more exciting and a little less bumpy!

4 comments:

Schmiddy said...

Love you guys! I think it's always good to reflect, good or bad.

Anonymous said...

I love you.

Shari Baker said...

I'm impressed that you could find something of significance each month to reflect on. I'm pretty sure that I don't have that much excitement in my life. Looks like your birthday was a lot of fun. You look very happy. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me remember our year...love u :)