Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I'm a bit behind, so I thought I would try to get things at least somewhat caught up...to begin, we'll have to travel all the way back to Thanksgiving!

This year I decided to surprise my family by flying out to Utah, renting a car, and driving up to my grandparents' house in Idaho. The only person I told in my family was my sister which was a good thing since their plans of what they would be doing the night I was driving up seemed to change every few minutes. :)

Knocking on the door and seeing every one's faces when they opened it up was the best! It was so good to see the whole family, and I loved being able to spend some time with my niece and nephews, Taylor, Jordan, and Corban!

I took my camera, but it wasn't until I got home that I realized I only had one photo on it which Jordan actually took of my dad (guess I was too busy cooing over Taylor and visiting with the family!):


We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner, went bowling (so much fun to watch all the little ones bowl!), and helped my grandma decorate her house for Christmas!

So the night before I was supposed to fly out I tried to check in for my flight. After a few minutes of frustration I realized I had booked my return flight for February. Oops. There was a bit of panic when the airline told me it would cost $600+ to change the ticket before I found a really cheap one-way flight on Southwest!

It was a short trip, but I'm so glad I went was able to see everyone!


No comments: