Monday, May 31, 2010

Corner: DONE

Ever since we moved in, one part of our yard that I wanted to change was the corner. It had hostas and a rose bush but it looked pretty sad. In the beginning, I thought "how much work could this possibly be? It's a tiny little corner." And so, I convinced Kristin to let me trim the rose bush down (she loved it and didn't want it ruined). Our friend Rosa came over to help, and we went at it with some trimmers.


Once we started trimming it down, however, we realized how out of control it was, and with Rosa's help, I convinced Kristin the roses just had to go. She finally agreed, and we cleared the corner out and replaced the border with a more...colorful version. :)


A few days later we went to buy plants to fill the space, and the woman said "No way! It's too early!" So we didn't buy anything, and the corner plot sat empty. But it wasn't empty for long because soon the weeds took over...which meant when it was finally time to buy the plants we had even more work to do...


Once that was done we went to Leitner's where a woman walked around and told us everything we could have ever wanted to know about the plants that might work in our space, and after making some decisions we headed home with a car full of plants. We decided to get them planted today before the weeds took over again, and we FINALLY finished! We got a ton of compliments from neighbors as we were working on it, which made all of the time and work completely worth it!


2 comments:

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

It looks great. My flower bed at my house just makes me super happy. I love the flowers and plants.

Shari Baker said...

It turned out beautiful! I need someone to come to my house and deal with my yard. We have 8 Rose Bushes! and I haven't a clue how to do rose bushes. Perhaps I'll take out at least a few of them. Nice work!