Monday, November 3, 2008

School Update!

The trimester is over half-way done.  For some reason the amount of work is crazy this week and then it seems like it will kind of die off a little again after that.  I have a presentation and journals on Friday and a presentation and booklet due on Saturday.  That doesn’t sound like a lot, but trust me, it is.

I am still really enjoying Philosophy.  I don’t get some of the stuff we read, but I love the teacher and the discussions.  My fieldwork class is also going well.  It’s a little frustrating because it’s only 2 hours long and I feel like all we do is spend 1.75 hours “checking in” and then the last 15 minutes saying goodbye.  I wish we would spend more time discussing our placements and assignments and less time just talking…but it is what it is, I suppose.  I’m liking my Human Behavior class a lot more than I was before, but it’s still relatively boring and repetitive.  I think I’ll like it a whole lot more once this presentation on Saturday is done. 

Overall it’s been a good trimester.  I’ve definitely enjoyed not having Spanish and am looking forward to next trimester when I will only have classes every other weekend instead of having one ever week (I currently have Philosophy every week). 

Speaking of next trimester,  I register for classes tomorrow – will be in another fieldwork class, a research class (this will be my area for complaint next trimester!), and an interviewing/communications class (beginning therapy class, basically).  I will have class on Friday nights and then all day on Saturdays which will kind of suck, but I’ll survive :).  I’m definitely looking forward to a little break over Christmas!

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

Keep on keepin' on! You can do it!