Saturday, October 4, 2008

Spiders

So we have this issue in our house with a spider which has taken up residence between our screen and glass door leading to our deck.  I hate bugs, especially spiders, but we’re not talking about any kind of spider.  As Kristin would say, this spider was big enough to have facial expressions.  Think of a large bee and that’s the size of this thing’s body.  Gross.  

So basically it had built its web between the two doors and when I tried to slide the screen door the web held and just stretched, the spider was running around like crazy, and I quickly returned the screen door to its open position and ran inside.

Now that it’s cooling off we would like to open up the windows and the screen door and get some fresh air circulating so we can turn the A/C off.  The problem with that is the spider  If we were to just open up the glass door and have the screen door exposed, the spider would have free access to our apartment.  Totally not going to happen.

So the other day I noticed the spider minding its business in the middle of her web.  I decided I had had enough and grabbed a can of ant Raid from under our sink.  I went outside and started spraying the crap out of the screen and the spider’s hiding area.  As I sprayed, more large spiders came crawling out trying to escape my tirade.  Me, being the inhumane person that I am, kept spraying the things until nothing was moving.  In total I found 5 large dead spiders. 

So yay me.  The only problem is that they still freak me out because they’re so big (even if they are dead) so the screen door remains open, the glass door remains closed, and the spiders remain stuck in the spot where my ant Raid reached them and cut off their ability to breathe. 

4 comments:

Schmiddy said...

OMG, that is big! There were five of them?!?! Yuck!

Anonymous said...

I will take care of those dead ones. U should call the apt office and let them know.

I just flushed one yesterday that was behind toilet. It looked like the one in your pic. Creepy with a capital c...

Anonymous said...

That spider is HUGE!

Don't think I would have been brave enough to Raid them.

Anonymous said...

I am so afraid of spiders luckily, I haven't encountered any big ones. I am thinking about moving, but I refuse to move anyplace that has huge spiders!

If I had of saw that spider, I would have vacated the apartment. Kudos to you for your bravery!