Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Knitting!

So I have taken up a new hobby – knitting! I have always wanted to do it, but it’s something I haven’t ever taken the time to learn (and, to be honest, I was pretty much just chicken to go to a class). Several weeks ago, though, at the urging of a certain someone, I enrolled in a 2-hour class. Up until the moment I walked through the door of the store I was certain I wouldn’t do it. I’m just not the “crafty” type and learning with 5 other people wasn’t my idea of a good time. But I went and managed to survive the class just fine.

I’ve now made several scarves and have watched my one grocery bag of supplies multiply to 4 bags, a box, and part of a shelf. Obviously I need to invest in some organizational items. It’s been a great learning experience for me, and I’m so grateful to those who urged me to ‘just attend the class already!’ :)

Here's a picture of Kristin 'modeling' my very first creation:

My next adventure is going to be a baby blanket. I’ve spent the last week or two looking at various patterns to find an easy one that won’t overwhelm my fledgling skills and hope to buy the yarn for it this week.

No comments: