Thursday, May 10, 2007

Prologue...

Well, here I am. I’ve finally made it to blog-land. Usually I’m quicker on the uptake. I typically discover some new technology and I’m immediately jumping on the bandwagon. I’ve been intentionally slow with the whole blogging concept, however. I didn’t really ever think I had anything of any kind of importance to say…at least nothing that anyone else would care to read. And for some reason, to me, the word BLOG meant IMPORTANT STUFF…NOT LIFE FLUFF. So I posted my “fluff” on journal sites like Diaryland and LiveJournal, but those entries were really more “personal” than what I saw a blog being.

Over the years I have relaxed my expectations and definitions of blogs and have finally given in to the masses (yeah, right!) who have demanded I write.

I never realized how many decisions had to be made before I could even sit down to write this, my first entry. There was a host site to pick, colors to choose, and designing to do. The hardest part was coming up with a title. Thanks to Nancy for her unwitting suggestion and to Robyn for her vote on the final name choice! Decisions made, I was finally set. Now I just have to write…right?

I can’t promise anything great. I am going to try to make this a little more than just another journal site about my life. In fact, to give me inspiration, I have started carrying around a notebook where I write things down that strike me as funny, strange, insightful, or quirky – we’ll see what comes of that.

Already I have a link to my book list on the site. Feel free to peruse that – I’m always looking for book suggestions, so pass any along that you have. I’m currently working on trying to get my Google Calendar posted on here as well. I figure if you’re interested enough to stop here to browse you might also be interested in my boring life and what it consists of.

Anyway, welcome to my blog. Come on in, sit down, and relax. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

2 comments:

KM said...

You made the world a better place the moment you created this blog. Thank you, Danette, thank you.

robynr said...

Yeah, what Kristin said...