Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This year was a pretty low-key Halloween for us. I went in to Kristin's classroom on Friday to help out with "pumpkin math" and brought the kids some cupcake treats...


Sunday we carved pumpkins which was a lot of fun. This was only my second year carving, so I stayed with a simple design. I used a stencil, but Kristin just dug in...


I thought the final products were awesome...


And of course we had to take the annual "Ellie with the pumpkins" photo (and yes, that is a rose still blooming on the rose bush!)...


Sunday night the doorbell started ringing around 5:30 and over the next 2 1/2 hours we got around 200 little ghouls and goblins. I love that this neighborhood has so many kids!

And now we head into November where we're sure to see our first snowfall and the fun of shoveling and bundling up begins!

3 comments:

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

I love your pumpkins. I didn't even know there was a such thing as a stencil for pumpkins. I'm thinking I need to look into that one further. Maybe if I use a stencil I will like carving pumpkins better. :) Also, the treats look so fun (and you seem very ambitious)!

cmuser said...

YES. Just google free pumpkin stencils :) They are great!

Shari Baker said...

I'm extremely impressed with your cupcake decorating abilities! They're perfect for halloween! It's fun the you got so many trick or treaters, that makes Halloween so much more fun when you get to see all of the kids dressed up and having a blast!