Saturday, September 4, 2010

Craigslist Addicts

We just went and picked up a reel mower that Kristin found on Craigslist. I love my self-propelled mower, but it is tearing the steep hills in our yard apart, so I wanted to get a lighter mower to do those with.

After we picked it up I realized we have A LOT of stuff in our house from Craigslist. We have probably saved thousands of dollars over the past few years by purchasing so many things second hand.

Here is a quick list of some things we have purchased that we are still using (I'm sure there are more, but this is what I could come up with in a few minutes):

Entertainment Center
Bookshelves
Couch
Kitchen Table and Chairs
Cat Perch
DVD/CD Storage Unit
Wardrobe
Day/Trundle Bed
Dishwasher
Reel Lawn Mower
Deck furniture
Bathroom Storage Unit
Plastic Wardrobe Units
Dog Bed (converted camping mattress)
Butcher Block

Hmm...I'm sure there's more...but that's a lot of stuff...all of which we got for very cheap or free (the couch was a little spendy but much less than we would have paid had we gone to a store to buy it!).

Thanks to Kristin for finding all the deals...I'm not big on perusing Craigslist, but am always happy with what she finds :)

No comments: