Friday, April 30, 2010

Death by Facebook

Tonight I was pondering how I don't update this as much as I should...and I realized that it's largely due to Facebook. Instead of taking the time to write everything up and post it here, I just say it in one or two sentence snippets on Facebook....which for some reason made me feel a little bitter towards Facebook...even though it's not Facebook's fault...well, it kind of is, but never mind.

Anyway, that got me thinking about the death of a blog…it must happen often. Especially with the emergence of Facebook and other networking sites. And then I thought that it is probably a good thing that there aren’t obituaries for all of these dying blogs (hey, it’s late, I’m tired, it’s where my mind goes)…and if my blog were to die (which it won’t since I think I’d rather say goodbye to Facebook, or at least to the majority of Facebook), it would have a really great obituary…like:

The Inner Musings of a Chronic Muser, 3, of Blogspot.com died today after a long battle with Facebook. Inner Musings was born on May 10, 2007, and enjoyed a couple of years of relative happiness before first battling with Twitter (Inner Musings reigned triumphant over that one) and finally facing her match with Facebook.

Inner Musings was preceded in death by a sister who lived on LiveJournal and a cousin who resided in MySpace.

Inner Musings is survived by arch enemy Facebook.

There will be no memorial service, but friends are invited to view previous entries as much as they want since she will probably be floating around in cyberspace forever (god help us all).

The end.

No comments: